21.1.13

Some Guy Named Billy

In November my dad's sister came to surprise him for his birthday. What seemed like an innocent trip, turned into a large puzzle piece towards identifying an ancestry gem.


While sitting around the kitchen one day, I pulled up Ancestry.com to show my aunt all the work I have been doing. Keep in mind that I had not seen her in ten years and trying to explain my research through email has been an enormous task. As I showed her items I had added, she began to recall conversations she had with my grandmother over twenty years ago.


During our conversation she was able to identify several key people in the research I have been trying to conduct. Although I have not had a lot of time to follow up on her comments about a guy named Billy Caldwell from Chicago, I think of her comments often and look forward to a time when I can sit down and do further research to try to link Billy to my ancestors. 



Remember: Even though you may not be able to pursue research at the time when you are given clues, be sure to write down the information so that you can remember it when the opportunity presents itself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and insights!