13.5.12

Rainy Weather

There is nothing more exciting to do on a rainy day then hunt down family gems.

Joan Jordan Halladay and her grandfather, William Robert Jordan
This morning I have unexpectedly spent over two hours in search of my dad's sister's birthdate, unfortunately with little success. Born around 1932 in Rochester, New York, all I vitally know about her, is that she died 18 April 1972 of A. Fib. Out of my dad's six other siblings, Aunt Joan is the only sibling who has died.

Recently, what I thought was a family characteristics (a weak heart), my dad informed me was actually due to her early illnesses in life. Aunt Joan's weak heart was actually caused by rhematic fever when she was a young girl.

Poor woman. She was born too early for the modern marvels of medicine.

Joan Jordan and her brother, David Jordan
Having lost my mom at a young age, my heart continuously aches for my three living cousins on that side of the family. As Mother's Day comes for the 40th time since the passing of their mom and my aunt, may they know that she is looking over them...and may Aunt Joan know that she is not forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and insights!